Shui Yuan Dorms C (Kinda Co-Ed)
I lived in Prince Housing - Shui Yuan Dorms, Building C. Here are some notes!
- Building C is the only Shui Yuan Dorms with double rooms. Building A are all single female rooms, while Building B are all single male rooms.
- Rent is 4900NT ($150USD) per month for a double.
- Girls all live on the left side of the building. Guys all on the right. It's not really co-ed.
- You are not allowed to have guests past 11pm; you can be sneaky if your friend is the same gender as you.
- There is no ATM machine. You can go to a nearby 7-11. There are two in the area, about 5-minutes walk away.
- You'll have to buy your own portable stove if you want to cook.
- There's 2 microwaves, 2 slow cookers, and 1 toaster.
- They have a couple vending machines for instant noodles, drinks, and snacks.
- Online shopping can ship directly to the dorm, and the lobby will hold the items for you.
- The room felt pretty bare when you first move in, and the walls had weird marks, so I plastered papers all over it.
- Your fellow roommate (if you're in a double) probably moved in before you did.
- You can lock your desk and closet if you want to.
- There is no bathtub, but you get your own bathroom.
- There is a mini-fridge with a small freezer compartment.
- You need to turn on the water-heater to get hot water when taking a bath.
- You might have a walk-in closet if you're lucky.
- There is one laundry room at the basement level. You can either walk down from the lobby or take the elevator.
- Washing clothes = 10NT ($0.31USD)
- Dryer = 10NT for 20~25 minutes.